Federal programs ended

The CARES Act and other federal programs that expanded and extended unemployment benefits expired the week ending Sept. 4, 2021. Visit the COVID-19 page to learn more

Update your address, phone number, email address or name

(en español)

It is important to keep your mailing address current in our files, even if you have stopped claiming benefits. We mail your IRS tax information, benefit eligibility information and other notices to the address we have on file.

How do I change my address or phone number?

You can change your contact information online or by calling the claims center at 800-318-6022 and using the automated system (12:00 a.m. Sunday – 4:00 p.m. Friday, unless Friday is a holiday).

To change your information online, sign in to your eServices account and select Settings. Then chose Update contact information under the I want to menu.

To avoid errors when using the phone, please speak slowly and clearly.

When will my address change be effective?

When you submit a change online, it could take up to 24 hours to process.

When you speak with a claims center agent, the change you requested takes place immediately. If you use the weekly claims line, we usually change your address the same day you submit it. However, it could take up to 48 hours to process.  

If you submit an address change, please wait until later in the week to submit your weekly claim. Otherwise, we may mail all correspondence, including your check, to your old address.

The post office does not forward unemployment benefit checks.

How do I change my email address?

You can add or update your email address online or by calling the claims center at 800-318-6022. 

How do I change my name?

Call the claims center at 800-318-6022 to speak with a claims specialist. For current claims center contact information and hours go to:

Read Employment Security's privacy statement.