You may be eligible for unemployment benefits in Washington state if:
- If you were a federal employee in the past 18 months, and
- Your official duty station of your last federal employer was in Washington, or
- You are a current Washington resident and you,
- Are a U.S. citizen and your official duty station was outside the U.S., or
- Have worked in Washington after your last federal employer.
You should have received the following forms from your federal civilian employer:
- Standard Form 8 (SF8), "Notice to Federal Employees about Unemployment Insurance."
- Standard Form 50 (SF50), "Notice of Personnel Action."
Required information that you need to provide from SF8 or SF50:
- The name of the federal civilian employer or agency (from SF8 or box 46 on SF50)
- The 3-digit federal agency code for your employer (from SF8 or box 47 on SF50)
- The state or country of your last official duty station (box 39 on SF50)
- Your position title (box 7 on SF50)
Additional required information:
- Your start and end dates with the federal employer
- Your hourly pay rate and gross monthly pay for this employer