Request copies of your own records
You can do this yourself. If you don’t already have an eServices account, sign up for one to view your unemployment claim and wage details. You can see online:
- Your unemployment claim information as far back as 2016.
- Wages reported by your employers as far back as 2005.
- Unemployment claim information for your former employees, if you are an employer.
Third-party program records requests
An individual or a third-party can submit an authorized signed records request online for:
- A copy of an individual’s wages reported by state of Washington employers.
- An individual’s unemployment payment history.
ESD will respond to these requests within one business day. Go to instructions and the online upload portal.
Public records requests
When the Employment Security Department (ESD) receives your request for public records, we will let you know within the five-day statutory period. At that time, we also will give you an estimated date for providing records.
Other ways to request public records
You may request records from the Employment Security Department via email, phone, fax or mail.
Contact for Public Records, Unemployment Insurance Records and Paid Family Medical Leave Records
Phone: 844-766-8930 from 10:30 a.m. to noon or 1 to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
Mail: Records Disclosure Unit
P.O. Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507-9046
- ESD public records fee schedule PDF (645KB)
- List of ESD public records that are exempt and confidential PDF (11KB)
Laws that apply
- Washington Administrative Code governing public records requests to ESD - WAC 192-02
- Revised Code of Washington Public Records Act - RCW 42.56
- Unemployment Insurance Records – RCW 50.13
- Paid Family & Medical Leave Records – RCW 50A
ESD’s data-sharing policies allow some confidential information to be accessible to eligible public officials, government agencies, WorkSource partners and others. You may request confidential information by submitting a data-sharing request. Learn how data-sharing works.
Read our privacy statement.