Requesting public records

Temporary changes due to the COVID-19 crisis:

Employment Security is making slight modifications to public-records processes, due to Gov. Inslee’s Open Public Meetings Act and Public Records Act Proclamation 20-28.14. These changes are in effect from Dec. 7, 2020, until midnight Jan. 19, 2021, unless officially extended beyond that date.

These measures suspend legal requirements for in-person meetings or contact. They are temporary, but while under these new processes, the Public Records team continues to do its best to meet your record-request needs remotely. Please continue to send requests electronically or to call us during regular business hours (see contact information below).

You can view your unemployment insurance claim details at least as far back at 2016 and wages reported by your employers as far back as 2005 online. Sign up for a Secure Access Washington account to get claim and wage information with no waiting.

WHAT'S NEW: An individual or a third party requestor can upload and submit an authorized signed records request/release online for a copy of an individual’s wages reported by State of Washington employers and/or the individual’s unemployment payment history. These type of requests submitted online will be responded to within one business day. It is recommend to use one of the below applicable request forms. Click here for more details on how to submit this type of request.   

You may request public records from the Employment Security Department via email, phone, fax or mail. If you would like to speak someone then you can call the Records Disclosure Unit at 844-766-8930. The Records Disclosure Unit answers phone calls from 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.


Phone: 844-766-8930
Fax: 866-610-9225
Mail :Records Disclosure Unit
Public Records Officer Robert L. Page
P.O. Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507-9046

Use these forms to submit your request:

  • Request general-information using a PDF (45KB) or Word (36KB) form.
  • Request copies of your own records using a PDF (53KB) or Word (43KB) form.
  • Authorization for a third party to obtain copies of an individual's records using PDF (53KB) or Word (43KB) form.
  • Authorization for a third party to obtain copies of an employer's records using PDF (53K) or Word (43K) form. (This form can also be used for an employer to request a copy of their own records.


Data-sharing requests

You may request confidential information. Learn how data-sharing works.

Read our privacy statement.