UI customer service one-stop
IS THIS YOUR FIRST TIME APPLYING FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS?
If so, please first visit our Unemployment section to learn more about unemployment benefits. You will find answers to most of your questions, including:
- What are unemployment benefits?
- How do you know if you're eligible?
- What is the application process?
- What do you do after you apply?
HAVE YOU ALREADY APPLIED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT?
Did you know you can submit a weekly claim, sign up for direct deposit or a debit card or see your payment history — all from our eServices website? You can also read and reply to notices from us, update your personal information, apply for training, see wages reported by your employer and more. Before calling the unemployment insurance claims center, try finding the answers to your questions here!
Assistance by phone
The Claims Center answers telephone calls from customers 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday-Friday with the exception of state holidays.
Services are available as follows:
- Monday: New applications for those with Social Security numbers ending in 0-3. Open for questions about weekly claims and other general questions.
- Tuesday: New applications for those with Social Security numbers ending in 0-6. Open for questions about weekly claims and other general questions.
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: New applications for those with Social Security numbers ending in 0-9. Open for questions about weekly claims and other general questions.
Schedule a callback
If you want to schedule a specific day and time for someone from the Claims Center to call you back, please go to our Schedule a Callback page.
File online today!
Apply with NO WAIT TIME 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Anyone can apply for benefits online in English and Spanish. Apply for benefits online today!
Decision wait times
The average unemployment claim is approved with no issues and benefits become available shortly after you file your second weekly claim. Others require more research to reach a decision on whether you’ll receive benefits.
Waiting to hear if you’ll get school/training benefits?
Average wait time: 12 days
Waiting for a decision on your benefits if you were terminated or quit your job?
Average wait time: 26 days
For all other benefit decisions?
Average wait time: 13 days
Did you ask a question online?
Average wait time for electronic correspondence responses: 1 days
Have all the necessary information ready
Before you apply online or by phone, be prepared and have your information ready.