Lo sentimos. Aún no hemos traducido esta página al español. Avísenos si desea que esto sea una prioridad y traduciremos la página lo antes posible.

We're sorry. We have not yet translated this page into Spanish. Please let us know if you want us to make it a priority and we will work to translate it as soon as possible.

Solicitar traducción Request translation

Gracias, su solicitud ha sido presentada. Thank you, your request has been submitted.

Your 1099-G tax form

The 1099-G is a tax form for Certain Government Payments. ESD sends 1099-G forms for two main types of benefits: unemployment and family leave.

Unemployment benefits. Every January, we send a 1099-G form to people who received unemployment benefits during the prior calendar year. If you received unemployment benefits during 2023, you will use this form to file your taxes.

Family leave benefits. For more information about 1099s from Paid Leave, and why we are sending them, visit the payments section of the help center on Paid Leave’s website.

Where to find your 1099-G information

You will receive your 1099-G via mail. If you have an eServices account, you will be able to see it there as well. If you do not have an eServices account and want to hear the amounts on your 1099-G, you can get this info from our automated claims line.


Sign in to your eServices account and click on the 1099 tab.


We mail the 1099-G to the address we have on record as of mid-January when the forms are printed. The U.S. Postal Service will not forward the 1099-G unless they have a change of address on file.

Automated claims line

Call the claims center at 800-318-6022. You will need your Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access your 1099-G information through the automated claims line. This phone option is available through April 30.

For DUA and MEUC claimants

Your 1099-G for these programs will be available only via mail:

  • Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA).
  • Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC).

If you also received regular unemployment insurance (UI), you will receive a second 1099-G for those benefits. We will mail it to you. It also will be available in eServices and on our automated claims line.

Filing taxes

For tax filing information, call the IRS at 800-829-1040 or visit their website at irs.gov.

It may be helpful to have copies of your previous year’s tax records available prior to contacting the IRS.

Electronic filing

If you file your tax return electronically, you’ll need to identify ESD as the agency that paid you benefits:

Employment Security Department
State of Washington
PO Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507-9046
Federal I.D. 91-1762161 

Some electronic filing programs may require an agency phone number. Use 800-318-6022.

Overpayments and adjustments

The IRS requires that we report all benefits paid to you in the calendar year. The amount on your 1099-G does not include any overpayments or adjustments to claims.

You must resolve any differences with the IRS using receipts or other records to support your tax return. If you repaid benefits or feel your 1099-G is inaccurate, you can email us to request a document that states the amount of benefits you repaid. For this and any other questions you have about your 1099-G, email UI1099@ESD.wa.gov (please see our email requirements).

Contact the IRS if you have questions about reporting repayments.

If you believe your 1099-G is incorrect because of unemployment fraud, learn about tax info for fraud victims.

If you do not receive your 1099-G by the end of January


You can log in to your eServices account and find your 1099-G under the 1099s tab.

Get a copy of your 1099-G

You must email, mail or fax us a request for a paper or email copy of your 1099-G. You can expect your copy to arrive within 10 days after we receive your request.

Please wait until the end of January to contact us if you want a copy.

Request a copy of your 1099 via email

Include the following in your email:

  • Name
  • Claim ID, also referred to as Claimant ID in letters
  • Current mailing address
  • Date of birth
  • Phone number, including area code.

Do not include your Social Security number in an email. Email may not be secure. Instead, you should use your Customer Identification Number (CID) or claim ID.

Where to find your claim ID

  • In your eServices account. Click on the Summary tab and look under My Accounts.
  • At the top of letters we have sent you.

Be sure you include the email address where you want us to send the copy. Email us at UI1099@ESD.wa.gov (please see our email requirements).

If you request an emailed copy, we will send it to you via secure email. We will also include instructions for accessing the form. If we need to contact you, we will use the phone number, address or email you provided.

Request a copy of your 1099 via mail or fax

Include the following in your letter or fax:

  • Name
  • Social Security number
  • Current mailing address
  • Date of birth
  • Phone number, including area code
  • Mailed and faxed requests must include a signature.

Send your request to our mailing address or fax number, and make sure to include your signature.

Mailing address
Employment Security Department
Attn: UI Imaging/1099
PO Box 19019
Olympia, WA 98507-0019

Toll-free fax: 800-301-1796

IRS and ESD contact information

IRS resources & contact:

Contact ESD

Call the unemployment benefits claims center at 800-318-6022 if you have questions about your 1099-G tax form.

Email ui1099@esd.wa.gov 
  For identification, when sending email include your:

  • Name
  • Claim ID, also referred to as Claimant ID in letters
  • Current mailing address
  • Date of birth
  • Phone number, including area code