SharedWork for employers/businesses
SharedWork is a voluntary business sustainability program that provides flexibility to retain employees at reduced hours.
This informational video gives an overview showing how thousands of Washington employers have used the SharedWork program to:
- Support business stability
- Retain skilled workers
- Reduce payroll costs
- Be a smart alternative to layoffs
- Explore training programs that develop workforce skills
What do employers say?
A SharedWork survey of 2017 employers showed more than 99 percent would recommend SharedWork to other employers. They also said SharedWork:
- Reduced their payroll costs by at least 10 percent
- Allowed them to keep their trained work force intact
- Improved employee morale
COVID-19 and SharedWork
For claimants to be on SharedWork, their employers must apply to participate in the program. It allows employers to reduce hours by as much as 50 percent, while their employees collect partial benefits to replace a portion of their lost wages. We use the SharedWork chart to determine their weekly benefit.
SharedWork is for employees who are both permanent, and who are paid hourly (or can calculate their salaries as an hourly wage).
- Claimants on SharedWork do not have to look for other work.
- They must be available for all work offered by their regular employer.
- Employers must continue to pay for employees’ health insurance.
- SharedWork plans last one year.
- Employees who work fewer hours may run out of benefits more quickly.
- SharedWork participants may be eligible for benefit extensions.
NEW WEBINAR: Join us for a free webinar and learn how SharedWork can help your business today.
SharedWork is a win for you
- Review the eligibility requirements
- Call us at 800-752-2500 if you have additional questions
- Check out all the various ways to apply for the SharedWork Program
For our red carpet service of excellence:
Employer help: 800-752-2500 | Fax: 800-701-7754 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SharedWork Program | P.O. Box 9046 | Olympia, WA 98507
Visit our SharedWork forms and media library for easy access to downloadable files.