The smart alternative to layoffs
If you are facing a temporary decline in business, the SharedWork Program offers you an alternative to laying off workers.
Instead, you can reduce the work hours of your permanent employees, and they can collect partial unemployment benefits to replace a portion of their lost wages. This translates into immediate payroll savings and prevents the loss of your skilled employees. This informational video gives an overview showing how thousands of employers have used the program to:
- Reduce payroll costs.
- Retain their skilled employees.
- Have flexibility during uneven workload periods.
- Be able to react quickly when demand returns.
A 2016 customer survey shows the program helps businesses stay afloat. Nearly 98 percent of participating employers would recommend SharedWork to other struggling businesses.
Follow these steps to determine if SharedWork is right for you!
- Read the eligibility requirements.
- Call us at 800-752-2500 if you have additional questions.
- Apply now to get started.
See what other SharedWork employers are saying about the program!
The bottom line
- The SharedWork Program saves you money and keeps your skilled workforce intact.
- Employees are spared the hardship of full unemployment and get more income than if they were fully laid off.
Visit our SharedWork forms and media library for easy access to downloadable files.
An easy way to send documents to the SharedWork unit is to upload them directly.
Employer help: 800-752-2500 | Fax: 800-701-7754 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SharedWork Program | P.O. Box 9046 | Olympia, WA 98507