About eServices for employers

In January, we launched eServices — a new secure website to help make your unemployment tasks easier. To use it, you’ll first need to create an eServices account, which requires several steps. Please read this page before starting the process. This short user guide also shows what you’ll find inside the new system. The more you know, the easier it will be!

What eServices can do for you

Before eServices, employers had to communicate with us by phone, mail and fax. eServices is an easier way to talk with us about your former workers who have applied for unemployment benefits.

In eServices, you can:

  • Reply to inquiries, including questions about employees who were discharged or quit.
  • Read letters from us.
  • Sign up for the Shared Work program or manage employees who are currently enrolled in the program, which provides an alternative to laying off workers.
  • File an appeal.
  • Send us a question.
  • Access Employer Account Management Services (EAMS) to pay your unemployment taxes

Paying your unemployment taxes

You can continue to pay unemployment taxes using whatever method you use now: Employer Account Management Services (EAMS), UIWeb Tax or ePay. But in order to manage your employees’ unemployment claims online using eServices, you must have an EAMS account with access to locked services.

To create an eServices account, you’ll need to complete three steps, but you might already have completed one or more of these items:

  1. Create a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account if you don’t have one yet. SAW gives you access to EAMS and other eServices.
  2. Request access to locked services within EAMS.
  3. Sign in to eServices.

Keep reading to follow directions for your specific situation.

  • If you want to create an eServices account and DO NOT have an account in SecureAccess Washington (SAW)
    To access any eServices, you must:
    1. Create a SecureAccess Washington account.
    2. Add EAMS (Employer Account Management System) to your list of SAW services. Instructions for both steps (PDF).
  • If you want to create an eServices account and DO have a SecureAccess Washington account with access to EAMS (Employer Account Management System)
    To access eServices, you need to “request access to locked services” inside EAMS.  You might already have access to locked services. Find out by signing in to your EAMS account. On the EAMS home page, hover your cursor over the Request access to locked services link. If you already have access, a message will appear to inform you.  See the instructions for requesting access to locked services (PDF).
  • If you already have access to locked services inside EAMS
    Sign in to eServices using the same username and password you used to create your SecureAccess Washington account. If you don’t use the same username and password, your wage data from EAMS won’t transfer to eServices. Instructions (PDF).

Questions about signing in to eServices?

Call our customer service representatives at 855-682-0785 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday.