About eServices for employers
eServices is a secure website for conducting much of your Employment Security Department business. To use it, you’ll first need to create an eServices account, which requires several steps. Please read this page before starting the process. This user guide also will help you sign in and navigate. The more you know, the easier it will be!
In eServices, you can:
1. Manage your employees’ unemployment claims
- Reply to inquiries, including questions about employees who were discharged or quit
- Read letters from us
- Sign up for the Shared Work program or manage employees who are currently enrolled in the program, which provides an alternative to laying off workers
- File an appeal
- Send us a question
2. Pay unemployment taxes
- Access Employer Account Management Services (EAMS) to pay your unemployment taxes.
You can continue to pay unemployment taxes using whatever method you use now: Employer Account Management Services (EAMS), UIWeb Tax or ePay. But in order to manage your employees’ unemployment claims online using eServices, you must have an EAMS account with access to locked services.
3. Apply for the SharedWork Program
- Employers can apply or employer representatives can apply on behalf of their employer clients
4. Apply for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Submit and check the status of tax-credit applications
- Print certifications
- Upload documentation
To create an eServices account, you’ll need to complete three steps, but you might already have completed one or more of them:
1. Create a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account if you don’t have one yet. SAW gives you access to EAMS (for paying taxes and filing wage reports), other Employment Security online services and services from other Washington state agencies.
You might already have a SAW account if you or your third-party representative use EAMS, if you have managed your employees’ unemployment claims online or if you use other employer services at the state departments of Labor & Industries, Revenue or Licensing.
2. Request access to locked services within EAMS. Instructions. Note: If you want to use eServices only to apply for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit, you don’t need to complete this step.
3. Sign in to eServices.
To manage your employees’ unemployment claims online or to apply for the SharedWork Program
- If you DO NOT have an account in SecureAccess Washington (SAW)
1. Create a SecureAccess Washington account.
2. Add EAMS (Employer Account Management System) to your list of SAW services. Instructions for both steps (PDF).
- If you DO have a SecureAccess Washington account with access to EAMS (Employer Account Management System)
You need to “request access to locked services” inside EAMS. You might already have access to locked services. Find out by signing in to your EAMS account. On the EAMS home page, hover your cursor over the Request access to locked services link. If you already have access, a message will appear to inform you. See the instructions for requesting access to locked services (Word).
- If you already have access to locked services inside EAMS
Sign in to eServices using the same username and password you used to create your SecureAccess Washington account. If you don’t use the same username and password, your unemployment claims information won’t display in the system and won’t be available to you. Instructions (PDF)
To apply for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
- Go to the eServices sign-in page. Use your current SAW account or select Create new account.
- Confirm the computer or mobile device you’re using by entering your telephone number and email address, then selecting and answering three challenge questions.
- Select the link to WOTC on the eServices page.
- If you already have a WOTC account – Enter your existing username and password.
If you do not already have a WOTC account – Create an account by selecting either New representative
or New employer and follow instructions on the screen.
- For help signing in to eServices, call our customer service representatives at 855-682-0785 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- For help paying taxes and filing wage reports, choose from these tax center contacts.
- For help with the WOTC application, contact the WOTC Unit at email@example.com.