Contact information for unemployed workers
We are experiencing extremely high call volume and longer than normal wait times. You also can submit questions and messages online through your eServices account.
Please consider these resources before calling:
During business hours, live operators can respond by chat on the WorkSource website. They can answer basic questions about unemployment, but they can’t access your unemployment claim information.
For general job seeker questions:
- If you need assistance from WorkSource, please call your local center.
- You can find your local WorkSource center's contact information at WorkSourceWA.com/locations.
- Please note, WorkSource staff cannot help with unemployment-benefits issues.
For unemployment claims: 800-318-6022
- Apply for benefits Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Submit your weekly claims via our automated system 12:01 a.m. Sunday to 4 p.m. Friday (automated system)
- Mondays and Tuesdays are our busiest days as most claimants file their weekly claim on those days. It may be difficult to get through on the phone to file your claim or reach a claims agent. You can continue trying to call or you may want to wait until Tuesday or another day during the week when the phones are less busy. Most general unemployment benefits questions can be answered on our website.
Request assistance in other languages
Disagree with a benefits decision? You can appeal (in writing) by fax or mail
- Fax: 800-301-1795
- Mail: Claims Center Appeals
P.O. Box 19018
Olympia, WA 98507
Arrange repayment of benefits you’re not entitled to receive
- Persons with hearing or speaking impairments can call Washington Relay Service 711
- Fax: 866-610-9235
- Mail repayments: Benefit Payment Control
Employment Security Department
P.O. Box 24928
Seattle, WA 98124
Report benefits cheaters
- Office of Special Investigations
P.O. Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507