Unemployment Insurance Advisory Committee
About the Advisory Committee
The Unemployment Insurance Advisory Committee (UIAC) consists of nine members: four representing employees, four representing employers and one representing Workforce Development Councils. An ESD representative serves as chair of the committee. The committee’s purpose is to consider and provide advice to the department, legislature and Governor to improve the Unemployment Insurance (UI) program. The committee may consider changes to state statute, comment on department rulemaking and policies, make recommendations on other specified matters, and study issues as the committee determines appropriate.
- Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Due to meeting restriction guidelines laid out by state government, this meeting will be conducted via Zoom only.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 939 5579 9629
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,93955799629# US (Tacoma)
RECORDING DISCLAIMER: This meeting may be recorded. Please be advised that if the meeting is recorded, your image and voice will be captured and recorded during the videoconference. Your participation in this videoconference equals consent to be recorded as required by law.
- Department Representative: Dan Zeitlin, Employment System Policy Director
- Employee Representative: Sybill Hyppolite, Washington State Labor Council
- Employee Representative: Cindy Richardson, UNITE HERE Local 8
- Employee Representative: Josh Swanson, Operating Engineers 302
- Employee Representative: Brenda Wiest, Teamsters 117
- Employer Representative: Bob Battles, Association of Washington Business
- Employer Representative: Julia Gorton, Washington Hospitality Association
- Employer Representative: Tammie Hetrick, Washington Food Industry Association
- Employer Representative: Jerry Vanderwood, Association of General Contractors
- Workforce Development Council Representative: Kevin Perkey, Washington Workforce Association
Employment Security Department Committee Contacts