Labor Market and Economic Analysis
The Labor Market and Economic Analysis (LMEA) team is your one stop data shop comprised of state/regional economists, economic analysts, researchers, and many others who collect and analyze data about Washington's employment conditions, economy, job market and workforce. We also provide program evaluation, research and analysis in response to federal and state legislative mandates, stakeholder requests and ESD needs.The Labor Market Information Director, Steven Ross, presides over this team and can be reached by phone at 360-890-3736 or by email.
Our toll-free number is 833-572-8421
3.8% seasonally adjusted
3.5% seasonally adjusted
Labor force by county snapshot
not seasonally adjusted
As we navigate the COVID-19 developments in Washington state and beyond, we know Washington state businesses, nonprofits, city and county municipalities, educational institutions as well as economic and workforce development professionals are looking for sound data about the short term and long term economic and workforce impacts to their individual businesses, industries and regions. Since the current situation is still evolving, we will share information as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have specific questions please don’t hesitate to email Steven Ross, Director, Labor Market and Economic Analysis.
- Weekly unemployment initial claims for 2020 (04/02/20) NEW
- March Facts and Figures Report (03/31/20) NEW
- Employment estimates (03/31/20) NEW
- Monthly employment report (03/31/20) NEW
- Labor area summaries (03/31/20) NEW
- Labor force (LAUS) (03/31/20) NEW
- Covered-employment (QCEW) 2019 Q2 and Q3 (03/23/20) NEW
- November supply-demand reports (01/21/20)
- September and November 2019 Trust fund reports (1/09/20)
- Weekly and monthly unemployment insurance claims (04/02/20) NEW
- February 2020 Unemployment benefits report (3/13/20) NEW
- Employer demand, top 25 (04/03/20) NEW
Labor market information
If this is your first time visiting our newly designed landing page, you may want to watch the short introduction video to get acquainted with the navigation structure.
Our information includes data and analysis of Washington state's employment conditions, economy, job market and workforce. Our tools and reports use Washington state labor market information to help job seekers, employers and public officials make informed career, hiring or policy decisions.
Please select a county name to see regional information and statistics:
Adams | Asotin | Benton | Chelan | Clallam | Clark | Columbia | Cowlitz | Douglas | Ferry | Franklin | Garfield | Grant | Grays Harbor | Island | Jefferson | King | Kitsap | Kittitas | Klickitat | Lewis | Lincoln | Mason | Okanogan | Pacific | Pend Oreille | Pierce | San Juan | Skagit | Skamania | Snohomish | Spokane | Stevens | Thurston | Wahkiakum | Walla Walla | Whatcom | Whitman | Yakima