Lo sentimos. Aún no hemos traducido esta página al español. Avísenos si desea que esto sea una prioridad y traduciremos la página lo antes posible.

We're sorry. We have not yet translated this page into Spanish. Please let us know if you want us to make it a priority and we will work to translate it as soon as possible.

Solicitar traducción Request translation

Gracias, su solicitud ha sido presentada. Thank you, your request has been submitted.

Your job moved overseas

The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program assists workers who have become unemployed as a result of increased imports from, or shifts in production to, foreign countries. The goal of the Trade Act programs is to help trade-affected workers return to suitable employment as quickly as possible. A petition must be filed with the U.S. Department of Labor to certify that the business was impacted by foreign trade. Once the business is certified, you as an individual worker must apply to see if you qualify for this program.

Trade adjustment assistance may include:

  • Employment and vocational counseling to help you prepare for a job search;
  • Training in skills for an occupation that is in demand;
  • A job-search allowance to cover partial expenses in finding a job outside your normal commuting area;
  • A relocation allowance to cover partial expenses for moving to a new area for a job; and
  • Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA) which are income benefits, equivalent to your weekly state unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. You may be eligible to receive TRA benefits if you are enrolled in full-time training or are actively searching for work. TRA benefits are not paid until you have exhausted all of your unemployment insurance (UI) benefits.
  • Reemployment or Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance (RTAA/ATAA) allows workers 50 years of age or older who find full-time employment after their trade affected layoff and earn less per year a 50% subsidy of the difference between their new salary and old salary.

For more information, visit WorkSourceWa.com, call your nearest WorkSource office, see our TAA frequently asked questions, or go to the Trade Adjustment Assistance site.