Services for dislocated workers
We provide additional services to dislocated workers.
Who qualifies as a dislocated worker
You may qualify if you lost your job and are unlikely to return to the same occupation due to:
- Plant closures
- Mass layoffs
- Foreign competition
- Lack of demand for your skills
If you are a displaced homemaker or self-employed and affected by market changes, you may also qualify.
Services for dislocated workers:
- Training in skills needed for jobs in your area
- Basic literacy
- English as a second language
- On-the-job training
- Starting your own business
- Finding a job in another area
- Helping your family cope with job loss
- WorkSource dislocated worker programs
Contact the WorkSource office near you for more information.