Become a GCDE member
Members volunteer their time and knowledge to support the work of the committee and to benefit the community of people with disabilities in Washington state.
If you would like to serve on the Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues & Employment, please follow these steps:
You can also contact Elaine Stefanowicz by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 360-902-9362 for more information.
- Have a disability, be a family member of someone with a disability or be an advocate/professional working on behalf of a disabled person.
- Have experience working to empower people with disabilities to obtain equality of opportunity or maximum independence.
- Possess expertise, special skills or resources that will contribute to the activities of the the committee.
- Have leadership experience in community-based activities which enhance opportunities for people with disabilities.
Apply by January 21, 2020 for Committee Chairperson of the Governor’s Committee on Disability Issues & Employment (GCDE)
To apply for the Chairperson position, please follow these steps:
- Complete the online Application for a board or commission. Be sure to select “Disability Issues and Employment, Governor’s Committee on” from the drop-down menu at the beginning of the application.
- Submit your current resume by uploading it per the instructions in the Application for a board or commission.
- Send a brief email to Elaine Stefanowicz at email@example.com to indicate your interest in being considered and to request a link to the online form entitled “GCDE Supplemental Questionnaire – Chairperson 2020”. The latter document will contain the principal screening questions that will be used to evaluate your application.
- The online Application for a Board or Commission requires that you provide two references but has space for four references. Please provide two personal and two professional references. If your application is selected for further consideration after the initial screening process, member(s) of the selection panel for the position will contact your references as appropriate.
Please contact Elaine Stefanowicz at 360-902-9362 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions related to the GCDE or the application process.