FREQUENTLY USED LINKS
Governor's Committee on Disability Issues & Employment (GCDE)
WHAT WE DO
What We Do
We promote equality, opportunity, independence and full participation in life for people with disabilities. Our members represent a wide range of constituent groups, geographical perspectives, ethnic origins and cultural heritage. Together, we:
- Advise Governor Inslee, the legislature and state agencies on policies that affect people with disabilities.
- Monitor legislation to assure equal opportunity and access for employment, education, healthcare and public services.
- Promote understanding of the needs and potential of people with disabilities, offering information and awareness training to the public.
- Recognize employers who demonstrate leadership in employing people with disabilities.
- Provide training and technical assistance to the business community to promote employment opportunities and awareness of disability issues.
- Conduct our activities in barrier-free environments and use appropriate auxiliary aids and services to ensure effective communication.
Mission: to provide statewide advocacy and leadership to empower the disability community to obtain equality of opportunity and maximum independence.
Vision: an equitable Washington where people with disabilities experience full inclusion, full participation and economic vibrancy.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
How Can We Help You?
Get a list of our recommended resources, find out more about our work and learn how you can join us in our efforts to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities.
- Find disability-related resources
- Learn about our projects
- Become a member
- View Current Members
- Contact the GCDE
- Learn more about our YLF program - now accepting applications
- Learn more about our Awards program - now accepting nominations
- Visit and like us on Facebook
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Link to Disability Inclusion Network (DIN) Statewide Business Leadership Network