Lo sentimos. Aún no hemos traducido esta página al español. Avísenos si desea que esto sea una prioridad y traduciremos la página lo antes posible.

We're sorry. We have not yet translated this page into Spanish. Please let us know if you want us to make it a priority and we will work to translate it as soon as possible.

Solicitar traducción Request translation

Gracias, su solicitud ha sido presentada. Thank you, your request has been submitted.

Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation

Mixed Earners Unemployment Compensation (MEUC) is a program that could pay you $100 extra for weeks you claimed between Dec. 27, 2020, and Sept. 4, 2021. MEUC is one of several former federal pandemic unemployment programs. The Employment Security Department is implementing MEUC retroactively.

You are considered a mixed earner if you are using both self-employment and employment to apply for unemployment benefits.


To qualify for retroactive payments, you must:

  • Have an active unemployment claim between Dec. 27, 2020, and Sept. 4, 2021, that includes weeks from any program except Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) or Training Benefits (TB).
    • Eligible programs include:
      • State unemployment insurance (UI).
      • Extended Benefits (EB).
      • Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC).
      • Self-Employment Assistance Program (SEAP).
      • SharedWork.
      • Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA).
  • Have earned at least $5,000 in net self-employment income in the taxable year prior to when you opened a claim for the weeks you are claiming MEUC.
  • Submit documentation verifying the amount of your net self-employment earnings during the taxable year prior to when you opened a claim for the weeks you are claiming MEUC.
  • Have been eligible for at least $1 for each week you claimed.

Submit your documents

The formal application period for MEUC has ended, but if you still need to submit an application or additional documentation, you can do so by secure upload, fax or postal mail.

  • Fax your documents to 844-395-6711.
  • Mail your documents to:
    Employment Security Department
    UI Imaging – Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation
    PO Box 19019
    Olympia, WA 98507-0019

Examples of documents include, but are not limited to, your complete tax returns. Your tax returns should include one or more of the following:

  • 1040 – Single filing
  • 1040 – Joint filing – you must include your Schedule C, if submitting this document
  • 1125-E
  • Schedule C
  • Schedule F
  • W-2
  • 1099-Misc
  • 1040-SE
  • 1065 Schedule K-1

Under the law, an individual commits fraud if they receive MEUC payments that they are not entitled to because they:

  • Knowingly made, or caused another person to make, a false statement or representation of a material fact; or
  • Knowingly fails, or causes another to fail, to disclose information.

Frequently asked questions

Are MEUC payments taxable?

Yes. MEUC benefits are considered taxable income.

Are MEUC payments subject to child support deductions?

Yes. MEUC benefits are considered taxable income and are subject to child support deductions.

Does MEUC impact Medicaid and other benefit programs?

Yes. MEUC benefits may affect an individual’s eligibility for Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). The law states that MEUC benefits are considered income for purposes of determining eligibility for these programs and cannot be disregarded when determining an applicant’s income.

Can I receive MEUC if I also received Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC) during those weeks?

Yes. Both FPUC and MEUC provide additional benefits to claimants, but they are not mutually exclusive. If you meet the eligibility requirements for MEUC, you can receive the additional $100 during weeks you received the additional $300 from FPUC.

Are employers charged for MEUC payments?

No. MEUC is a federally funded program and employers are not charged for it.

When can I receive payments and how many payments will I receive?

You will receive your payment after we determine that you’re eligible. You must submit the application and required documents in order for us to make the determination. Once we determine that you’re eligible, you’ll receive one payment for all the weeks you claimed MEUC.

Can I appeal a decision?

Yes. If you disagree with our decision, you can file an appeal.

What other documents can I submit as proof of self-employment earnings?

In addition to your complete income tax returns, additional examples include:

  • Bank statements.
  • Contracts.
  • Business records.