Notice to base year employer

When a former employee who worked for you in his or her “base year” files an unemployment-insurance claim, you will receive a Benefit Charging Notice. Read the notice carefully to determine if the information is correct and whether you believe your account should be charged for the benefits.

Here are two questions to help you determine if the information is correct:

  • Is this a former employee?
  • Why did your former employee leave your company?

If the information on the form is correct, do not return it. If the information is incorrect, write the correct information on the form and mail or fax it back to us. If you think you qualify for relief of benefit charges, send a written request within 30 days after the date on the letter.

Related links
FAQs – Benefit Charging Notice