Veteran services FAQ
Q. Who should military veterans call about job services and veteran benefits?
A. For job-services, contact your nearest WorkSource center
For veteran benefits, contact Washington state Department of Veteran's Affairs
Q. What job services are available through WorkSource for military veterans?
A. WorkSource services:
- Job listings, referrals and hiring events.
- Résumé and application assistance.
- Special programs and workshops.
- Internet access for job searches.
- Copiers, fax machines, phones and other office equipment.
- WorkSource also assigns employees to help veterans, including disabled veterans, find jobs.
Q. Are there job services for National Guard and Reserve members?
A. Yes. The Hire-A-Vet Challenge is a program to encourage Washington businesses to hire National Guard and Reserve members who are returning from war or other active-duty assignments. Employers interested in hiring veterans, as well as veterans looking for work, should contact a