Equity Assessment - Office of Equity survey
The Employment Security Department is helping Washington’s new Office of Equity gather public input. The state Office of Equity seeks “collective wisdom for co-creating a five-year equity strategic plan that helps Washington to bridge opportunity gaps and reduce disparities so everyone in WA flourishes and achieves their full potential and there is equity and justice for all.”
We hope you will add your voice by responding to the survey by July 30, 2021.
Some of the questions require some thought and introspection. To help you consider your answers before accessing the survey, here are some of the most thought-provoking questions:
- Imagine creating an anti-racist Washington state where everyone flourishes and achieves their full potential for the common good: an equitable and just state for all.
- What, specifically, does that look like to you?
- What does it feel like to live in this state?
- Which opportunity gaps need to be bridged?
- Which disparities need to be eliminated?
- What, in your opinion, must be measured to achieve this reality?
- What one thing do you want the Office of Equity to know?
- What one thing do you want us to accomplish? How will you help?
Please respond as soon as you’re able, and thank you!