Lo sentimos. Aún no hemos traducido esta página al español. Avísenos si desea que esto sea una prioridad y traduciremos la página lo antes posible.

We're sorry. We have not yet translated this page into Spanish. Please let us know if you want us to make it a priority and we will work to translate it as soon as possible.

Solicitar traducción Request translation

Gracias, su solicitud ha sido presentada. Thank you, your request has been submitted.

Have this information ready

You need to provide us with the following information, whether you apply for unemployment benefits online or by phone.

The online application system logs out after 15 minutes of inactivity, so please save frequently. The phone system will also hang up after a short period of inactivity. So please have your information ready!

  • Your Social Security number.
  • Your name (as shown on your identification document) and birthdate.
  • Your citizenship status. If you're not an U.S. citizen, your work authorization information.
  • Your Washington State Driver’s license or ID if you have one.
  • Your contact information (for example, mailing address, phone number and email address).
  • The names and mailing addresses of all your employers during the past 18 months, including part-time and temporary jobs. (If you worked for more than 16 employers in the past 18 months, you must file your claim by phone (or persons with hearing or speaking impairments can call Washington Relay Service 711).  You can find your employment history by quarter through our secure online portal.
  • The dates you worked for all employers in the past 18 months. Use your best estimate if you don't remember the exact dates. Our system will not accept a future date. If you are still working, use the date you last worked before you apply for benefits.
  • If you were in the military during the last 18 months, your DD-214, any member copy, 2 through 8.
  • If you were a federal employee in the past 18 months, your Standard Form 8 (SF8), "Notice To Federal Employees About Unemployment Insurance." The Standard Form 50 (SF50), "Notice of Personnel Action" is not required, but will speed up the processing of your claim. 
  • If you normally get your work through a union, the name and local number of your union.
  • If you apply for benefits online and want to sign up for direct deposit, your account and routing numbers for your bank or credit union.

Your claim takes effect Sunday of the week you first apply, regardless of when you last worked.