The Employment Security Department is seeking your assistance with development of the scope and content of the rules for the Paid Family and Medical Leave insurance program. Rulemaking on the new law is underway, and the second draft of Phase 1 rules are now available for review and comment. There will be several phases of the rulemaking process, each related to different parts of the law. ESD would like your feedback on each phase prior to submitting the complete draft proposal of the rules.
Phase 1 is related to the following topics:
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Premium liability
- Voluntary plans
Phase 2 is related to the following topics:
- Employer responsibilities
- Small business assistance
- March 13: Stakeholder comments due on second draft of phase 1 rules
- March 26: First listening session regarding phase 2 of the rulemaking process
- March 30: File CR-102 (phase 1 rules)
- April 2: Second listening session regarding phase 2 of the rulemaking process
- May 23: Public hearing regarding phase 1 rulemaking
- May 29: File CR-103 (phase 1 rules)
*Some dates are subject to change. Please continue to check this website for updates.
Additional rulemaking information: