Lo sentimos. Aún no hemos traducido esta página al español. Avísenos si desea que esto sea una prioridad y traduciremos la página lo antes posible.

We're sorry. We have not yet translated this page into Spanish. Please let us know if you want us to make it a priority and we will work to translate it as soon as possible.

Solicitar traducción Request translation

Gracias, su solicitud ha sido presentada. Thank you, your request has been submitted.


Unemployment benefits are taxable

Updated Jan. 17, 2023


Every January, we send 1099-G forms to people who received benefits during the prior calendar year. You need this form to file your taxes.


Learn more about 1099-G forms

You should get yours by the end of January. You can also find the information in eServices or listen to it on our automated claims line.
Learn more about the form and how to request copies at esd.wa.gov/1099.

Tax information you need to know if you’re a victim of fraud

If you know or suspect that you’re a victim of fraud, visit our page with tax information for fraud victims: esd.wa.gov/unemployment/fraud-victims-taxes.

For additional help

Call us at 800-318-6022.
Email us at UI1099@esd.wa.gov.