UIWeb Tax is no longer available
Announcement posted: Feb. 28, 2020
UIWeb Tax has been phased out and replaced by the new Employer Account Management System (EAMS). You must use the new system to submit your 2020 first quarter tax and wage reports, due in April.
We launched the new EAMS in January. More than half of employers who were using UIWeb Tax have already made the switch. The new system provides better security for data, an improved user experience, and better performance.
Get ready to use the new system by setting up a SecureAccess Washington account now, if you don’t already have one. Once you are in SAW, select Add a New Service then select My Unemployment Insurance (new EAMS singles) under the Employment Security Department drop down menu.
As it is presently deployed, the new EAMS is designed for businesses that pay taxes on behalf of one employer, as opposed to bulk filers like accounting firms or business services companies that submit reports on behalf of many employers. Users who are bulk filers or need to make amendments should use the SAW link labeled “Employer Account Management Services (EAMS)”.
Here are links to some very important documents that you'll want to review. And more information can be found on our About New EAMS page.
- Read me first - Support materials for new EAMS for single filers
- New EAMS User Guide
- Tips for importing data files
- Differences between EAMS for single filers and UIWeb Tax
If you need more information review the Frequently Asked Questions below or call the Account Management Center at 855-829-9243.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Employer Account Management System (EAMS)?
EAMS is a secure online system for filing quarterly wage reports and paying unemployment insurance taxes. EAMS is not used for Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML) premiums.
What is happening and when?
UIWeb Tax will no longer be available after February 2020. We are replace UIWeb Tax with a new version of EAMS. The new system is available in Secure Access Washington (SAW). Businesses that have been using UIWeb Tax to submit tax and wage reports should submit future reports in the new EAMS.
NOTE: There are two versions of EAMS in SAW. My Unemployment Insurance Tax (New EAMS singles) is the new updated version of EAMS and the version you should use. You can find more information about the differences between the two versions of EAMS at esd.wa.gov/employer-taxes.
What other changes will I see when I switch from UIWeb Tax to the new EAMS?
- Your account number name changes from ES reference number to Employment Security Department (ESD) number.
- ESD numbers are now 12-digits long. If the ESD number you have is 9-digits long, add three zeros to the beginning (e.g., 000-123456-78-9).
When and how should I switch from UIWeb Tax to the new EAMS?
- The new EAMS is already available in SAW as My Unemployment Insurance Tax (new EAMS singles). If you do not have a SAW account, you need to set one up now at secureaccess.wa.gov. We recommend checking to see if you have one set up now so you are ready when it’s time to file your fourth quarter report.
- After you log into SAW, select My Unemployment Insurance Tax (new EAMS singles) as a new service.
- Detailed instructions for using the new version of EAMS will be available at esd.wa.gov/employer-taxes in mid-December, including step-by-step instructions for setting up your account and navigating the system.
- Plan ahead: It may take a little extra time to get used to the additional security measures.
Why are we switching from UIWeb Tax to EAMS?
EAMS offers many benefits over UIWeb Tax, including:
- Improved security: EAMS uses best practices for state-managed systems that collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII). By placing EAMS behind the SAW sign-on portal, we are able to use the most up-to-date tools to keep data safe.
- Ease of use: Improved workflow, onscreen guidance and error messages, validations, error handling, and data processing makes EAMS easier to use. The system handles submitted filings much more quickly and reliably than UIWeb Tax.
- Enhanced functionality: EAMS has a variety of functional advantages over the existing system, including the ability to:
- Save, view, amend, and print reports.
- Save and return to unfinished work.
- Copy data from one quarter to the next.
- View payment history.
- Cancel pending payments.
- View account activity.
NOTE: To use these enhanced features, businesses will have to request approval through “Locked Services” within EAMS.
Will this affect how I pay my taxes?
No. For now, continue to pay your taxes in the same way you have always paid them, using ePay or by check.
How does the transition to EAMS relate to PFML?
The transition to the new EAMS is not related to PFML. EAMS is for filing tax reports and paying unemployment taxes only. For more information on PFML reporting and payments, visit paidleave.wa.gov/employers.
If you need more information, call the Account Management Center at 855-829-9243.